Would you love to have better pictures in your Instagram feed? It’s easy to improve your photos for Instagram and you can start by following these 5 simple steps.
1. Lighting is the key Make sure your subject is near a window if inside, but not in direct light. If you are outside, shoot in the shade to avoid harsh shadows. Avoid shooting at night when possible, the low light availability causes blurriness in your images.
"Whenever there is light, One can photograph" Alfred Stieglitz, Photographer 1864-1946
2. Don’t use the Instagram camera Instead, take your pictures with your camera’s phone or even using the Camera+ app. Both will create better images that have more clarity. Then select them from your photo album once you are in Instagram.
3. Use better editing apps Instagram’s filters have been outdone by better apps including VSCO, Camera +, Photoshop Express, and many more. If you want to up your photography game, then you need better filters and editing options.
B/W pictures. always looks more professional. Use the B/W filter to make an artistic feel.
4. Get creative Use different angles, compositions, and even vary the distance from your subject. Don’t be afraid to take many pictures and just choose one. Playing around will stretch your creativity and help you develop more originality.
Makes your kids play-time a photo opportunity!
5. Add blur. Using the blur function within Instagram is a great mimic to the “shallow depth of field” that can only be created with DSLR cameras. But if you’re not shooting with a DSLR, then just add blur.
The blur in the background makes the subject of your photo POP-UP